Thursday 24 November 2011

-It's The Time for Practical Test-

Today, we had the first practical test for the two softwares, Multisim and Ultiboard, that we used in the class before. After a couple of weeks of fun with the Multisim and Ultiboard,  the time has come to test and see wether we really understand how to use them, or not.


The tasks given in the test were not really hard actually. As Mr. Ridzuan said, the test was exactly the same with the practices we did in the class. So, he told us that he won't give any help and he forbid us from asking him how or what to do. Otherwise, one mark will be deducted for one question asked.


The first question involved the single sided board with through hole components. While for the second task, we were asked to make a circuit using two types of components, SMD components and TH components. To make it easier, TH components must be placed on top of the board while SMD were at the bottom. Then, the copper tracks must be half at bottom and half on the top side of the board.


I decided to begin with the first circuit because the task seemed easier than the second one. I think there were no problem to deal with it. Then, I moved to the next circuit which the part I got stucked for 1hour and half. After that, I transferred the two circuits into the Ultiboard. When the time was reaching the end, my computer hanged and all the software applications closed by itself. Plus, I have forgotten to save all my works. Alhamdulillah.


With the 10 minutes left, I transferred back all my circuits done in Multisim into Ultiboard. After I have done with very simple design of boards, I placed all the components to its places and correct the mistakes and finished (but not all).

No comments:

Post a Comment